Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 680. Unlawful Practices.
previous: Section 675
. Landing Permits.
next: Section 685
. Processing On Commercial King Crab Fishing Vessels.
AS 16.05.680. Unlawful Practices.
- (a) It is unlawful for a person, or an agent or representative of the person,
- (1) to employ, in the harvesting, transporting, or purchasing of fish, a fisherman who neither is licensed under AS 16.05.480
nor is the holder of a permit issued under AS 16.43;
- (2) to purchase fish from a person who is not
- (A) the holder of a limited entry, interim-use, or landing permit issued under AS 16.43;
- (B) a fish transporter who is selling the fish as the agent of the holder of a limited entry, interim-use, or landing
permit issued under AS 16.43; or
- (C) exempt under AS 16.05.660
- (3) to purchase fish from an association other than one to which a permit has been issued under AS 16.05.662
- (b) A person may not sell salmon that was not harvested under the authority of the entry permit, interim-use permit, or
landing permit under which the salmon is sold. For purposes of this subsection, salmon sold by a fish transporter on
behalf of the commercial fisherman who harvested the salmon is salmon harvested under the authority of the limited
entry, interim-use, or landing permit under which the salmon is sold.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.