Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 685. Processing On Commercial King Crab Fishing Vessels.
previous: Section 680
. Unlawful Practices.
next: Section 690
. Record of Purchases.
AS 16.05.685. Processing On Commercial King Crab Fishing Vessels.
- (a) Crab of any species may not be processed on a commercial crab fishing vessel unless
- (1) the vessel remains within one registration area from the time the crab is caught to the time of dock delivery;
- (2) the operator of the vessel notifies the department of proposed changes in location before moving to another
registration area; and
- (3) the operator of the vessel provides quarters for inspectors of the department who may inspect the crab catch on the
vessel at any time.
- (b) The restrictions set out in (a) of this section do not apply to processing aboard the fishing vessel for and as
donations to charity, for consumption aboard the vessel, or for dockside retail sales from the vessel.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "process" means to butcher, cook, chill, or freeze crab for commercial use;
- (2) "registration area" means a specific king crab registration area as designated by regulation of the Board of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.