Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 31. Asbestos
- Section 30. Duties of the Department of Education and Early Development.
previous: Section 20
. Duties of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
next: Section 40
. Duties of School Officials.
AS 18.31.030. Duties of the Department of Education and Early Development.
To assist in implementing the asbestos health hazard abatement program, the Department of Education and Early
- (1) cooperate with the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, school districts, and regional educational
attendance areas to ensure inspection of public schools for asbestos health hazards and to ensure that identified
asbestos health hazards are abated;
- (2) maintain records, files, and reports on asbestos health hazards in public schools;
- (3) administer state money appropriated to finance renovation contracts under AS 18.31.040
- (4) in accordance with priorities established by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development under AS 18.31.020
(7), distribute grants to school districts and regional educational attendance areas for the abatement of health
hazards in public schools; and
- (5) inform the Department of Labor and Workforce Development when renovation contracts are awarded under AS 18.31.040
(5), to enable the Department of Labor and Workforce Development to advise contractors and other concerned persons of
the health hazards of asbestos that may be encountered in the renovation project.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.