Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 31. Asbestos
- Section 40. Duties of School Officials.
previous: Section 30
. Duties of the Department of Education and Early Development.
next: Section 50
. Repayment of Grant Funds.
AS 18.31.040. Duties of School Officials.
To assist in implementing the asbestos health hazard abatement program, each city or borough school district and each
regional educational attendance area shall
- (1) maintain records of all inspections, including sample dates, location, condition, and analysis of materials;
- (2) notify school personnel of the location of asbestos materials and ways to reduce exposure;
- (3) notify the parents of students about the results of asbestos inspections in their children's schools;
- (4) either
- (A) contract for the inspection of its school buildings in compliance with Environmental Protection Agency asbestos
regulations (40 C.F.R. Part 763) and in accordance with guidelines established by the Department of Labor and
Workforce Development and under the supervision of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development; or
- (B) notify the Department of Labor and Workforce Development that the school district or regional educational attendance
area has not entered and does not intend to enter into a contract for an inspection for asbestos health hazards; and
- (5) contract for renovating school buildings to abate asbestos health hazards, and supervise and monitor the renovation
contracts, applying the standards in AS 18.60.075
to protect the health of persons who renovate the school buildings.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.