Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 291. Land of the University of Alaska Not Public Domain Land.
previous: Section 290
. Property and Funds Generally.
next: Section 295
. Working Capital Reserve Fund. [Repealed, Sec. 10 Ch 46 SLA 1977].
AS 14.40.291. Land of the University of Alaska Not Public Domain Land.
- (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, university-grant land, state replacement land that becomes
university-grant land on conveyance to the university, land conveyed to the Board of Regents in trust for the University of Alaska under
, and any other land owned by the university is not and may not be treated as state public domain land. Land
conveyed to the Board of Regents in trust for the University of Alaska under AS 14.40.365
shall be managed as nontaxable trust land under AS 14.40.365
- 14.40.367 and policies of the Board of Regents.
- (b) Title to or interest in land described in (a) of this section may not be acquired by adverse possession, prescription,
or in any other manner except by conveyance from the university.
- (c) The land described in (a) of this section is subject to condemnation for public purpose in accordance with law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.