Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 35. Business Names
- Section 40. Registration of Name.
previous: Section 30
. Transfer of Reserved Name.
next: Section 50
. Procedure For Registration of Name.
AS 10.35.040. Registration of Name.
- (a) A person conducting a business may register its name if the name is distinguishable on the records of the department
from the name of any other organized entity and from a reserved or registered name. In this subsection,
- (1) "organized entity" means
- (A) a corporation under AS 10.06;
- (B) a foreign corporation authorized under AS 10.06 to transact
business in this state;
- (C) a BIDCO licensed under AS 10.13;
- (D) a cooperative organized under AS 10.15;
- (E) a foreign cooperative under AS 10.15 that is authorized under AS
10.06 to do business in this state;
- (F) a nonprofit corporation organized under AS 10.20;
- (G) a nonprofit foreign corporation authorized under AS 10.20 to
transact business in this state;
- (H) a cooperative organized under AS 10.25;
- (I) a religious corporation formed under AS 10.40;
- (J) a professional corporation organized under AS 10.45;
- (K) a limited liability company organized under AS 10.50;
- (L) a foreign limited liability company registered under AS 10.50;
- (M) a registered limited liability partnership under AS 32.06;
- (N) a foreign limited liability partnership registered under AS 32.06;
- (O) a limited partnership formed under AS 32.11; or
- (P) a foreign limited partnership registered under AS 32.11;
- (2) "reserved or registered name" means a name reserved or registered under this chapter, AS 10.06, AS 10.50, AS 32.06, or AS 32.11.
- (b) Registration of a name gives the person who has registered the name the exclusive right to the use of the name. A
person who has registered a name under this chapter
- (1) may enjoin the use by another person of a name that is not distinguishable on the records of the department from the
- (2) has a cause of action for damages against another person who uses a name that is not distinguishable on the records of
the department from the registered name.
- (c) The department may adopt regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act) to implement (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.