Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 55. Hearing Aid Dealers
- Section 10. Qualifications For License.
previous: Chapter 55
. Hearing Aid Dealers
next: Section 20
. Renewal of License.
AS 08.55.010. Qualifications For License.
- (a) The department shall issue a license to act as a hearing aid dealer to an individual who
- (1) is 18 years of age or older;
- (2) applies on a form provided by the department;
- (3) has a high school diploma or the equivalent;
- (4) has a business license issued under AS 43.70.020
- (5) furnishes evidence satisfactory to the department that the individual has not engaged in conduct that is a ground for
imposing disciplinary sanctions under AS 08.55.130
- (6) submits with the application a statement disclosing whether the applicant
- (A) has, during the five-year period immediately preceding the date of the application been convicted of a felony, or had
a final judgment entered against the applicant in a civil action, if the felony or civil action involved fraud,
embezzlement, or misappropriation of property;
- (B) is subject to an injunctive order that is currently in effect from a pending proceeding or action brought by a public
- (C) is a defendant in a pending criminal or civil action relating to fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation of property, or
the antitrust or trade regulation laws of the United States or a state;
- (D) has, during the five-year period immediately preceding the date of the application, been reorganized, had a debt
adjustment, or has been adjudicated a bankrupt under bankruptcy proceedings due to insolvency or was a principal
executive officer or general partner of a business that has been reorganized, had a debt adjustment, or has been
adjudicated a bankrupt due to insolvency during the five-year period;
- (7) furnishes a description of each item in (6) of this subsection that the applicant disclosed as being applicable to the
- (b) An individual who is a physician or an audiologist may deal in hearing aids without being licensed under this chapter,
but shall comply with AS 08.55.050
, 08.55.070, 08.55.100, 08.55.110(a), 08.55.110(b)(3) and (c) - (h), and 08.55.130(7) - (13) when dealing in hearing aids.
- (c) If an individual licensed under this chapter has more than one place of business, the department shall, on request and
payment of a fee, issue a duplicate license for each place of business of the individual.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.