Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 55. Hearing Aid Dealers
- Section 50. Items to Be Provided By Hearing Aid Dealer.
previous: Section 40
next: Section 60
. Prior Medical Evaluation.
AS 08.55.050. Items to Be Provided By Hearing Aid Dealer.
- (a) A hearing aid dealer shall give the following items to a consumer at the time the consumer contracts with the hearing
aid dealer to buy or lease a hearing aid:
- (1) an instructional brochure that contains operating instructions, purchase privileges, and performance data for the
- (2) a statement of the dealer's registration number;
- (3) a statement of the manufacturer's specifications, make, model, and serial number for the hearing aid;
- (4) a clear statement of the full terms of the contract; and
- (5) a written statement indicating that the consumer may file a written complaint about a hearing aid or a hearing aid
dealer with the department and giving the mailing address and location address of the department.
- (b) Before the sale of a used hearing aid, the hearing aid dealer shall clearly mark the receipt and the container for the
hearing aid as "used" or "reconditioned," whichever is applicable, and with the terms of a guarantee that the dealer
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.