Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 54. Big Game Guides and Related Occupations
- Section 600. Duties of Board.
previous: Section 595
. Board Assistance.
next: Section 605
. Eligibility For Licenses.
AS 08.54.600. Duties of Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) prepare and grade
- (A) a qualification examination for a registered guide-outfitter license that requires demonstration that the applicant is qualified
generally to provide guided and outfitted hunts and, in particular, possesses knowledge of fishing, hunting, and
guiding laws and regulations; and
- (B) a certification examination for each game management unit in which the registered guide-outfitter intends to provide big game
hunting services; the examination must require demonstration that the registered guide-outfitter is qualified to provide guided
and outfitted hunts in the game management unit for which the registered guide-outfitter seeks to be certified and, in
particular, must require demonstration that the registered guide-outfitter possesses knowledge of the terrain, transportation
problems, game, and other characteristics of the game management unit;
- (2) authorize the issuance of registered guide-outfitter, master guide-outfitter, class-A assistant guide, assistant guide, and transporter licenses after the applicant for the license satisfies the requirements for the license;
- (3) impose appropriate disciplinary sanctions on a licensee under AS 08.54.600 - 08.54.790;
- (4) require an applicant for issuance or renewal of any class of guide license or of a transporter license to state in a
written and signed document whether the applicant's right to obtain, or exercise the privileges granted by, a hunting,
guiding, outfitting, or transportation services license is revoked or suspended in this state or another state or in
- (5) regularly disseminate information regarding examinations and other qualifications for all classes of guide licenses to
residents of the rural areas of the state;
- (6) adopt procedural and substantive regulations required by this chapter;
- (7) provide administration of examinations for registered guide-outfitters at least twice a year;
- (8) meet at least twice annually.
- (b) The board shall provide for administration of an oral examination for a registered guide-outfitter license or for a game
management unit certification if requested at the time of application for the license.
- (c) The board may adopt regulations as the board considers appropriate to
- (1) establish code of ethics for professions regulated by the board;
- (2) establish requirements for the contents of written contracts to provide big game hunting services and transportation services to clients;
- (3) authorize the department to request a copy of a big game hunting services or transportation services contract entered into by a person licensed under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.