Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 29. Licensed Professional Counselors
- Section 210. Supervisor Certification.
previous: Section 200
. Confidentiality of Communications.
next: Section 220
. Disclosure Statement.
AS 08.29.210. Supervisor Certification.
- (a) The board shall approve and certify a person as an approved counselor supervisor for the purposes of this chapter if
- (1) is licensed as a professional counselor or is a licensed physician, licensed advanced nurse practitioner who is
certified to provide psychiatric or mental health services, licensed clinical social worker, licensed marital and
family therapist, licensed psychologist, or licensed psychological associate;
- (2) submits an application for certification and the appropriate fee;
- (3) has five years of counseling experience;
- (4) provides to the board for its approval or disapproval a statement that details the person's supervision philosophy,
orientation, and experience; and
- (5) meets other criteria that may be established by the board in regulations.
- (b) Certification under (a) of this section remains in effect, without the need for renewal of the certification, until
the person's professional licensure is revoked, suspended, or otherwise lapses.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.