Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 29. Licensed Professional Counselors
- Section 200. Confidentiality of Communications.
previous: Section 140
. License Renewal.
next: Section 210
. Supervisor Certification.
AS 08.29.200. Confidentiality of Communications.
- (a) A person licensed under this chapter may not reveal to another person a communication made to the licensee by a client
about a matter concerning which the client has employed the licensee in a professional capacity. This section does not
- (1) a communication to a potential victim, the family of a potential victim, law enforcement authorities, or other
appropriate authorities concerning a clear and immediate probability of physical harm to the client, other individuals,
- (2) a case conference or case consultation with other mental health professionals at which the patient is not identified;
- (3) the release of information that the client in writing authorized the licensee to reveal;
- (4) information released to the board during the investigation of a complaint or as part of a disciplinary or other
- (5) situations where the rules of evidence applicable to the psychotherapist-patient privilege allow the release of the
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a person licensed under this chapter shall report incidents of
- (1) child abuse or neglect as required by AS 47.17;
- (2) harm or assaults suffered by an elderly person or disabled adult as required by AS 47.24.
- (c) Information obtained by the board under (a)(4) of this section is confidential and is not a public record for purposes
of AS 40.25.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.