Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 25. Watercraft
- Section 95. Regulations. [See Delayed Repeal Note]..
previous: Section 90
. Penalties. [See Delayed Amendment Note]..
next: Section 96
. Fees. [See Delayed Repeal Note]..
AS 05.25.095. Regulations. [See Delayed Repeal Note]..
- (a) Except as provided in (c) - (e) of this section, the department may adopt regulations regarding requirements for
certification of programs on boating safety education.
- (b) In consultation with the Department of Public Safety, the Department of Administration may adopt regulations to
implement this chapter with respect to the numbering, marking, and titling of undocumented boats.
- (c) Regulations adopted under this chapter may not be less stringent than applicable minimum requirements of regulations
governing recreational boat safety of the United States Coast Guard.
- (d) The department may not adopt a regulation under (a) of this section if, before or during the period for public comment
on the proposed regulation provided by AS 44.62.190
, the Alaska Boating Safety Advisory Council provides the department with a written objection regarding the regulation,
unless the department modifies the proposed regulation to satisfy the objection. The prohibition of this subsection
does not apply if modification of the proposed regulation to satisfy the council's objection would result in
- (1) failure to meet a federal stringency requirement described under (c) of this section; or
- (2) a regulation that is not consistent with another provision of law.
- (e) Nothing in this section authorizes the department to prohibit a use of or access to the water of the state by a person
or user group.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.