Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 65. Civil Penalty For Violations of AS 04.16.060 .
previous: Section 60
. Purchase By or Delivery to Persons Under the Age of 21.
next: Section 70
. Sales On Election Day. [See delayed repeal note]
AS 04.16.065. Civil Penalty For Violations of AS 04.16.060 .
- (a) A person who has attained 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, who violates AS 04.16.060
is, in addition to any criminal penalty provided by law, liable in a civil action to the licensee for a penalty of
$1,500 plus costs and reasonable attorney fees.
- (b) A person, having legal custody of an unemancipated minor who solicits another person to violate AS 04.16.060
, is liable in a civil action for a penalty of $1,000, plus costs and reasonable attorney fees, to the licensee from
whom the other person purchased, ordered, or received an alcoholic beverage in violation of AS 04.16.060
- (c) It is a condition precedent to maintaining an action under this section that the owner or seller of the merchandise
send by first class mail to the defendant at the defendant's last known address 15 days or more before the action is
commenced a notice demanding the relief authorized. The board may adopt regulations prescribing the form of this
notice. It is not a condition precedent to maintaining an action under this section that the person who violated AS 04.16.060
or solicited a violation was charged or convicted under any statute or ordinance.
- (d) In this section, "emancipated minor" means a minor whose disabilities have been removed for general purposes under AS
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.