- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 833. Nutritional Evaluation; Right to Proper Diet.
previous: Section 830
. Prohibition of Experimental Treatments.
next: Section 835
. Civil Rights Not Impaired.
AS 47.30.833. Nutritional Evaluation; Right to Proper Diet.
- (a) A treatment facility shall conduct a nutritional evaluation of a person admitted or committed to a treatment facility
for evaluation or treatment, whether the person is a voluntary or involuntary patient. The evaluation shall be
conducted within the first week after the patient is admitted or committed.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a treatment facility is not required to conduct a nutritional evaluation of a
patient who is released within 72 hours of arrival.
- (c) A patient has the right to a nutritionally sound and medically appropriate diet. After conducting the nutritional
evaluation required under (a) of this section, the treatment facility shall take appropriate steps to correct the
patient's nutritional deficiencies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.