- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 350. Powers and Duties of Department.
previous: Section 190
. - 47.30.340l [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 84 SLA 1981].
next: Section 360
. Acceptance of Funds.
AS 47.30.350. Powers and Duties of Department.
- (a) The department shall
- (1) develop and submit to the Surgeon General of the United States Public Health Service a comprehensive program for the
constructing and equipping of hospitals and other facilities for the examination, observation, care, and treatment of
the mentally ill;
- (2) develop and submit to the Surgeon General plans and specifications for the constructing and equipping of the hospitals
and other facilities;
- (3) construct and equip the hospitals and other facilities in accordance with the program, plans, and specifications
approved by the Surgeon General; construction and equipping under this paragraph is governed by AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code);
- (4) cooperate, coordinate, and contract, wherever indicated and desirable, with other state boards, departments and
agencies, and agencies of the United States in the construction program, and hire necessary personnel and enter into
contracts with private individuals and companies, to the end that the hospitals and other facilities are constructed in
the most economical and expeditious manner; contracting and construction under this section are governed by AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code).
- (b) An action, agreement, or transaction taken or entered before April 3, 1957, by the Mental Health Authority consistent
with AS 47.30.350
- 47.30.400 is affirmed and ratified.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.