- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 11. Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.
previous: Section 10
. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 84 SLA 1981].
next: Section 16
. Membership of the Board.
AS 47.30.011. Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.
- (a) The Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority is established as a public corporation of the state within the Department of
- (b) The purpose of the authority is to ensure an integrated comprehensive mental health program and to administer the
office of the long term care ombudsman established in AS 47.62.010
- (c) The authority
- (1) shall, as provided in AS 37.14.009
, administer the trust established under the Alaska Mental Health Enabling Act of 1956;
- (2) may sue and be sued;
- (3) may retain the services of independent counsel when, in the judgment of the authority's board of trustees, independent
counsel is needed;
- (4) shall insure or indemnify and protect the board, a member of the board, or an agent or employee of the authority
against financial loss and expense, including reasonable legal fees and costs, arising out of a claim, demand, suit, or
judgment by reason of alleged negligence, alleged violation of civil rights, or alleged wrongful act resulting in death
or bodily injury to a person or accidental damage to or destruction of property if the board member, agent, or
employee, at the time of the occurrence, was acting under the direction of the authority within the course or scope of
the duties of the board member, agent, or employee;
- (5) shall exercise the powers granted to it under AS 37.14.041
, subject to the limitations imposed by AS 37.14.045
- (6) shall administer the office of the long term care ombudsman established in AS 47.62.010
- (d) The provisions of AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630 do not apply to the Alaska Mental Health
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.