- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 41. Use of Trust Settlement Income Account.
previous: Section 40
. Fund Utilization. [Repealed, Sec. 13 Ch 48 SLA 1987].
next: Section 45
. Limitation On Grants and Contracts Paid For From Mental Health Trust Settlement Income Account.
AS 37.14.041. Use of Trust Settlement Income Account.
- (a) Money in the mental health trust settlement income account may only be used for the following purposes:
- (1) the awarding of grants and contracts in fulfillment of the authority's purpose to ensure an integrated comprehensive
mental health program for the state;
- (2) obtaining private and federal grants for a purpose described in (1) of this subsection;
- (3) soliciting gifts, bequests, and contributions for a purpose described in (1) of this subsection;
- (4) reimbursement to
- (A) the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation for the costs of managing the principal of the mental health trust fund; and
- (B) the Department of Natural Resources for the cost of managing mental health trust land;
- (5) offsetting the effect of inflation on the value of the principal of the mental trust fund; and
- (6) subject to AS 37.07 (Executive Budget Act), meeting the
necessary administrative expenses of the authority that are required for it to properly discharge its responsibilties.
- (b) If money in the mental health trust settlement income account is not needed to meet the necessary expenses of the
state's integrated comprehensive mental health program, the authority shall transfer the money to the unrestricted
general fund for expenditure through legislative appropriation for other public purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.