- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 282. Bulk Deliveries Sold in Terms of Weight and Delivered By Vehicle.
previous: Section 250
. - 45.75.280l Bread; Butter, Oleomargarine, and Margarine; Fluid Dairy Products; Flour, Corn Meal, and Hominy Grits. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 24 SLA 1982].
next: Section 288
. Furnace and Stove Oil.
AS 45.75.282. Bulk Deliveries Sold in Terms of Weight and Delivered By Vehicle.
- (a) When a vehicle delivers to an individual purchaser a commodity in bulk, and it is sold in terms of weight units, the
delivery shall be accompanied by a duplicate delivery ticket that must clearly state in ink or by means of other
indelible marking equipment, and equal in clarity to type or printing
- (1) the name and address of the vendor,
- (2) the name and address of the purchaser, and
- (3) the net weight of the delivery expressed in pounds, and if the net weight is derived from determinations of gross and
tare weights, these weights shall also be stated in terms of pounds.
- (b) One of the tickets provided for in (a) of this section shall be retained by the vendor, and the other shall be
delivered to the purchaser at the time of delivery of the commodity, or surrendered, on demand, to the director, or the
deputy director, or an inspector, or a sealer, or a deputy sealer, who, if retaining it as evidence, shall issue a
weight slip in place of it.
- (c) If the purchaser carries away the purchase, the vendor is required only to give the purchaser at the time of sale a
delivery ticket stating the number of pounds of commodity delivered to the purchaser.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.