- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 150. Appointment of City Sealers and Deputy Sealers of Weights and Measures.
previous: Section 140
. Powers and Duties of Deputy Director and Inspector.
next: Section 160
. City Sealers and Deputy Sealers.
AS 45.75.150. Appointment of City Sealers and Deputy Sealers of Weights and Measures.
- (a) A city may appoint a sealer of weights and measures, and the deputy sealers of weights and measures it needs. If the
city appoints a sealer, it shall obtain at its expense the standards of weights and measures and the additional
equipment, for use in the enforcement of this chapter in the city, that the director prescribes.
- (b) When the standards of weight and measure provided by a city are examined and approved by the director, they are the
official standards for the city. At least every five years, the sealer shall make or arrange to have made comparisons
between the field standards and appropriate standards of a higher order belonging to the city or to the state, in order
to maintain the field standards in accurate condition.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.