- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 201. "Issuer".
previous: Section 116
. Securities Intermediary as Purchaser For Value.
next: Section 202
. Issuer's Responsibility and Defenses; Notice of Defect or Defense.
AS 45.08.201. "Issuer".
- (a) With respect to obligations on or defenses to a security, "issuer" includes a person who
- (1) places or authorizes the placing of the person's name on a security certificate, other than as authenticating trustee,
registrar, transfer agent, or the like, to evidence a share, participation, or other interest in the person's property
or in an enterprise, or to evidence the person's duty to perform an obligation represented by the certificate;
- (2) creates shares, participations, or other interests in that person's property or in an enterprise, or undertakes
obligations, if the shares, participations, interests, or obligations are uncertificated securities;
- (3) directly or indirectly creates fractional interests in the person's rights or property, if the fractional interests
are represented by security certificates; or
- (4) becomes responsible for, or in place of, another person described as an issuer in this section.
- (b) With respect to obligations on or defenses to a security, a guarantor is an issuer to the extent of the guarantor's
guarantee, whether or not the guarantor's obligation is noted on a security certificate.
- (c) With respect to registration of a transfer, "issuer" means a person on whose behalf transfer books are maintained.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.