- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 800. Definitions.
previous: Section 795
. Confidentiality of Certain Records and Documents.
next: Section 930
AS 44.62.800. Definitions.
In AS 44.62.710
- (1) "agency" means a department, an institution, or a division or other administrative unit of the executive branch of
state government authorized or required by law to make regulations, except that "agency" does not include
- (A) a board, a commission, a council, an authority, or a public corporation of the executive branch of state government
authorized or required by law to make regulations; or
- (B) the Department of Corrections;
- (2) "agency head" means
- (A) the commissioner or other head of an agency who has the authority to adopt regulations for the agency; or
- (B) [Repealed, Sec. 44 ch 24 SLA 2003].
- (3) "consensus" means unanimous concurrence among the interests represented on a negotiated regulation making committee;
- (4) "convener" means a person who is impartial and performs the services identified under AS 44.62.730
for an agency;
- (5) "facilitator" means a person who is impartial and performs the services identified under AS 44.62.760
(b) for a negotiated regulation making committee;
- (6) "negotiated regulation making" means regulation making through the use of a negotiated regulation making committee;
- (7) "negotiated regulation making committee" means an advisory committee to consider and discuss issues for the purpose of
reaching a consensus in the development of a proposed regulation;
- (8) "person" has the meaning given in AS 01.10.060
, and expressly includes a public organization of any character;
- (9) "regulation" has the meaning given in AS 44.62.640
and includes the amendment or repeal of a regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.