- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 960. Form and Issuance of Citation.
previous: Section 955
. Enforcement Authority.
next: Section 990
AS 41.21.960. Form and Issuance of Citation.
- (a) When a peace officer stops or contacts a person concerning the commission of a misdemeanor offense committed within a
park or recreational facility subject to the department's supervision, the officer may issue a citation to the person,
subject to the provisions of AS 12.25.180
- 12.25.230. The person receiving the citation may
not be required to endorse the citation.
- (b) The state supreme court shall identify those offenses that are amenable to disposition without court appearance and
shall establish by rule or order a schedule of bail amounts, not to exceed fines prescribed by law, for those offenses.
Before establishing or amending the schedule of bail amounts required by this subsection, the supreme court shall
appoint and consult with an advisory committee consisting of two persons from the department, two district court
judges, one member of the House Resources Committee, and one member of the Senate Resources Committee of the
legislature. If the offense for which the citation is issued is one that may be disposed of without court appearance,
the citing officer shall write on the citation the amount of bail applicable to the cited offense.
- (c) A person cited for an offense for which a bail amount has been established under (b) of this section may, within 15
days from the date of the citation, mail or personally deliver to the clerk of the court having jurisdiction over the
place where the offense occurred
- (1) the amount of bail indicated on the citation for that offense; and
- (2) a copy of the citation indicating the offender's waiver of appearance, plea of no contest, and direction to forfeit
the bail and any items seized from the offender.
- (d) When bail has been forfeited under this section, a judgment of conviction shall be entered. Forfeiture under this
section of bail and items seized from the offender is a complete satisfaction for the offense, and the clerk of the
court shall provide the offender with a receipt stating that fact if requested.
- (e) If the person cited fails to pay the bail amount or appear in court as required, the citation shall be considered a
summons for a misdemeanor charge and the offender shall be proceeded against in the manner prescribed by law.
- (f) Notwithstanding other provisions of law, if a person cited for a misdemeanor for which a bail amount has been
established under (b) of this section appears in court and is found guilty, the penalty that is imposed for the offense
may not exceed the bail amount for that offense established under (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.