Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 25. Arrests and Citations
- Section 230. Failure to Obey Citation.
previous: Section 220
. When Copy of Citation Considered a Lawful Complaint.
next: Chapter 30
AS 12.25.230. Failure to Obey Citation.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person who fails to appear in court to answer the citation, regardless of
the disposition of the charge for which the citation was issued, is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction is
punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by both.
- (b) If a person is cited for an offense for which an amount of scheduled bail or fine is established and fails to pay the
bail or fine, or appear in court, the citation shall be considered a summons for a misdemeanor.
- (c) If a person cited for an offense for which an amount of scheduled bail or fine has been established appears in court
and is found guilty, the penalty imposed for the offense may not exceed the bail or fine established for the offense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.