- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 275. Recognition of Locations.
previous: Section 270
next: Section 280
. [Renumbered as AS 38.05.242
AS 38.05.275. Recognition of Locations.
- (a) Mining locations made on state land, including shoreland, tideland, or submerged land, or state selected land, under
- 38.05.275 or in the manner described in AS 27.10, acquire for the locator mining rights under AS 38.05.185
- 38.05.275, subject to existing claims and to any
denial of or restriction in the tentative approval of state selection or patent of the land to the state. If
shoreland, tideland, or submerged land is included in a mining location or within the projected boundaries of a mining
location made in accordance with this section, the locator shall record a certificate of location under AS 38.05.195
. The certificate of location must identify the position of the mining location in the system of rectangular or
protracted surveys. If the mining location is made in the manner described in AS 27.10, the commissioner may require that the locator amend the
mining location to conform with AS 38.05.185
- 38.05.275 and thereafter to comply with the
requirements of AS 38.05.185
- (b) In this section, "state selected land"
- (1) means land for which the state has filed a selection application with the United States under Sec. 6 of the Alaska
Statehood Act, as amended, regardless of the validity or effect of the application, if the selection described in the
application has not been rejected or relinquished;
- (2) does not include land described in (1) of this subsection for which a regional corporation organized under 43 U.S.C.
1606(a), as amended, a village corporation organized under 43 U.S.C. 1607(a), as amended, a Native group corporation
that qualifies for a land conveyance under 43 U.S.C. 1613(h)(2), as amended, or a Native urban corporation that
qualifies for a land conveyance under 43 U.S.C. 1613(h)(3), as amended, has filed a valid selection application with
the United States under 43 U.S.C. 1601 - 1641, as amended, if the selection of the corporation or group has not been
rejected or relinquished.
- (c) Subsection (b) of this section may not be construed to limit the director in the exercise of authority granted by AS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.