Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 395. Coverage For Prostate and Cervical Cancer Detection.
previous: Section 392
. Requirements Relating to Dental Care Coverage Provisions.
next: Section 400
. Coverage For Reconstructive Surgery Following Mastectomy.
AS 21.42.395. Coverage For Prostate and Cervical Cancer Detection.
- (a) Except for a fraternal benefit society, a health care insurer that offers, issues for delivery, delivers, or renews in
this state a health care insurance plan shall provide coverage for the costs of prostate cancer screening tests as
required under the schedule described in (b) of this section and shall provide coverage for the costs of cervical
cancer screening tests as required under (c) of this section. The coverage required by this section is subject to
standard policy provisions applicable to other benefits, including deductible or copayment provisions. If a physician
recommends that a covered individual undergo prostate cancer screening by taking a prostate antigen blood test,
coverage may not be denied because the covered individual has already had a digital rectal examination and the
examination results were negative.
- (b) The minimum coverage required under (a) of this section includes an annual prostate cancer screening test for a person
- (1) at least 35 years of age but less than 40 years of age and the person is in a high risk group; in this paragraph,
"high risk" means a person who is an African-American or who has a family history of prostate cancer; or
- (2) 40 or more years of age.
- (c) The minimum coverage required under (a) of this section for cervical cancer screening is an annual pap smear cancer
screening test for a person who is 18 or more years of age.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 115 ch 81 SLA 1997].
- (e) In this section, "prostate cancer screening tests" includes a prostate antigen blood test or another test that is
equivalent or better in cancer detection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.