Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 310. Definitions.
previous: Section 307
. Effect of Overweight Vehicle Offenses on Personal Automobile Insurance.
next: Section 320
. Hearings and Order On Violation.
AS 21.36.310. Definitions.
In AS 21.36.210
- (1) "business or commercial insurance" means insurance other than personal insurance, reinsurance, life insurance, health
insurance, fidelity and surety insurance, title insurance, or an annuity contract;
- (2) "nonpayment of premium" means failure of the named insured to discharge when due any obligations of the named insured
in connection with the payment of premium on a policy, or any installment of the premium, whether the premium is
payable directly to the insurer or its agent or indirectly under any premium finance plan or extension of credit;
- (3) "personal automobile insurance" means insurance not related to business or commercial activities, covering automobile
liability, uninsured or underinsured motorists, automobile medical payments, or automobile physical damage, that is
delivered or issued for delivery in this state, and under which the insured vehicles are of the following types only:
- (A) a motor vehicle of the private passenger or station wagon type that is not used as a public or livery conveyance, nor
rented to others; or
- (B) any other four-wheel motor vehicle with a load capacity of 1,500 pounds or less that is not used in the occupation,
profession, or business of the insured, nor used as a public or livery conveyance, nor rented to others;
- (4) "personal insurance"
- (A) means personal automobile insurance, or insurance covering
- (i) loss of or damage to real property that is used predominantly for residential purposes and that does not consist of
more than four dwelling units;
- (ii) loss of or damage to personal property, including personal effects, household furniture, fixtures, and equipment
located in not more than four dwelling units; or
- (iii) legal liability of natural persons for loss of, damage to, or injury to persons or property if the insurance does not
cover liability arising from or in connection with business or commercial activities;
- (B) does not include an annuity contract or a policy of life insurance, health insurance, or title insurance;
- (5) "renewal" or "renew" means
- (A) the issuance and delivery of an insurance policy at the end of the policy period, that replaces a policy previously
issued and delivered by the same insurer;
- (B) the issuance and delivery of a certificate or notice extending the term of a policy beyond its policy period or term;
- (C) the extension of the term of a policy beyond its policy period or term under a provision for extending the policy by
payment of a continuation premium.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.