Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 740. Revocation of Permit; Appeal.
previous: Section 735
. Suspension of Permit.
next: Section 745
. No Liability For Issuance of Permit or For Training.
AS 18.65.740. Revocation of Permit; Appeal.
- (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun shall be immediately revoked by the department when the permittee
- (1) becomes disqualified to receive and hold a permit under AS 18.65.705;
- (2) is convicted of two class A misdemeanors of this state or similar laws of another jurisdiction within a six-year
period if at least one of the convictions occurs after the application;
- (3) knowingly supplied a false or fraudulent answer, statement, or document, or made a material misstatement or omission,
in connection with an application for a permit or renewal or replacement of a permit.
- (b) A person whose permit is revoked under (a) of this section shall immediately surrender the permit to the nearest peace
officer. A peace officer receiving a permit under this section shall immediately forward the permit to the department.
- (c) A person whose permit is revoked under this section may appeal the revocation decision to the commissioner. A person
may seek judicial review of the decision of the commissioner under AS 44.62.560
- (d) A person whose permit is revoked may not apply for a permit until at least five years after the revocation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.