Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 545. Definitions.
previous: Section 540
. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 120 SLA 1971].
next: Section 550
. - 18.60.570l [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 120 SLA 1971].
AS 18.60.545. Definitions.
In AS 18.60.475
- (1) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (2) "electronic product" means a manufactured product that
- (A) when in operation contains or acts as part of an electronic circuit and emits, or in the absence of effective
shielding or other controls would emit, electronic product radiation; or
- (B) is intended for use as a component, part, or accessory of a product described in (A) of this paragraph and that when
in operation emits, or in the absence of effective shielding or other controls would emit, electronic product
- (3) "electronic product radiation" means any ionizing or non-ionizing, electromagnetic or particulate radiation, or a
sonic, infrasonic, or ultrasonic wave that is emitted from an electronic product as the result of the operation of an
electronic circuit in the product;
- (4) "radiation sources" means both electronic product and nuclear radiation sources;
- (5) "radionuclide" means any atom that may spontaneously emit particles or gamma radiation or may emit X-radiation
following orbital electron capture or may undergo spontaneous fission;
- (6) "state agency" or "agency of the state"
- (A) means a state department or agency, whether in the legislative, judicial, or executive branch;
- (B) does not include the University of Alaska, a municipality, or an agency of a municipality.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.