Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 57. Regional Electrical Authorities
- Section 40. Powers of the Authority.
previous: Section 30
. Tax Exemption.
next: Section 50
. Bonds and Notes.
AS 18.57.040. Powers of the Authority.
A regional electrical authority has the general power to
- (1) adopt, alter, and use a corporate seal;
- (2) prescribe, adopt, amend, and repeal bylaws;
- (3) sue and be sued in its own name;
- (4) appoint officers, agents, and employees and vest them with powers and duties and to fix, change, and pay compensation
for their services as the authority may determine;
- (5) borrow money, make and issue bonds, notes, and other evidences of indebtedness of the authority for any of its
corporate purposes and to secure payment of its bonds and of other obligations by pledge of or lien on all or any of
its assets, contracts, revenue, and income;
- (6) make and issue bonds for the purpose of funding, refunding, purchasing, paying, or discharging any of the outstanding
bonds or obligations issued or assumed by it or bonds or obligations the principal or interest of which is payable in
whole or in part from its revenue;
- (7) make and execute agreements, contracts, and other instruments necessary or convenient in the exercise of its powers
and functions, including contracts, with any person, firm, corporation, government agency, or other entity;
- (8) receive, administer, and comply with the conditions and requirements of an appropriation, gift, grant, or donation of
property or money;
- (9) invest or reinvest money or funds held by the authority in obligations or other securities or investments in which
banks or trust companies in the state may legally invest funds held in reserves or sinking funds or funds not required
for immediate disbursement, and in certificates of deposits or time deposits;
- (10) acquire, hold, use, lease, sell, or otherwise dispose of property of any kind, real, personal or mixed or any interest
- (11) acquire, produce, develop, manufacture, use, transmit, distribute, supply, exchange, sell, or otherwise dispose of
electric energy and other supplies and services as the authority determines necessary, proper, incidental, or
convenient in connection with its activities;
- (12) determine, fix, alter, charge, and collect rates, fees, rentals, and other charges for the use of the facilities of
the authority or for the service, electric energy or other commodities sold, rendered, or furnished by it;
- (13) plan, design, construct, reconstruct, extend, or improve any facility necessary or convenient in connection with its
- (14) enter on any land, water, or premises for the purpose of making surveys, soundings, or examinations;
- (15) exercise the powers of eminent domain in accordance with AS 09.55.250 - 09.55.460;
- (16) do all acts and things necessary, convenient, or desirable to carry out the powers granted or implied in this chapter;
- (17) adopt, amend, and repeal regulations necessary for the exercise and performance of its powers and duties or to govern
the rendering of service, sale or exchange of electrical energy.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.