Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 500. Identity of Biological Parents.
previous: Section 360
. - 18.50.380l [Renumbered as AS 18.50.900
next: Section 510
. Descriptive Information Regarding Biological Parents.
AS 18.50.500. Identity of Biological Parents.
- (a) After receiving a request by an adopted person 18 years of age or older for the identity of a biological parent of the
person, the state registrar shall provide the person with an uncertified copy of the person's original birth
certificate and any change in the biological parent's name or address attached to the certificate.
- (b) The state registrar may not disclose the name and address of a biological parent, except as required under (a) of this
section or by the court under AS 25.23.150
- (c) An adopted person 18 years of age or older, or a biological parent, may submit to the state registrar a notice of
change of name or address. The state registrar shall attach the information to the original birth certificate of the
- (d) The state registrar shall disclose to a biological parent, at that parent's request, the most current name and address
of an adopted child that appear in the state registrar's adoption files if the child is 18 years of age or older and
has requested in writing that the information be disclosed if ever requested by the biological parent.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.