Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 211. Certificate of Birth For Foreign-Born Adopted Person.
previous: Section 210
. Court Reports of Adoption.
next: Section 220
. New Certificate of Birth.
AS 18.50.211. Certificate of Birth For Foreign-Born Adopted Person.
- (a) The state registrar shall issue a certificate of birth for a person born outside the United States whose adoptive
parents are residents of the state at the time of the adoption, upon request by the adopted person, or by the adopted
person's adoptive parent or guardian that the certificate be made, and upon receipt of an adoption report as provided
in AS 18.50.210
- (1) the information necessary to identify the original certificate of birth; or
- (2) if there is no original certificate of birth, the findings of the court under AS 25.23.175
, unless the adoption proceeding is commenced before August 31, 1982, in which case an affidavit of an adoptive parent
setting out the true or probable date and place of birth and parentage of the adopted person must accompany the
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 2 ch 14 SLA 1995].
- (c) A certificate of birth issued under this section shall be in a form prescribed by the state registrar and shall state
that it is not evidence of United States citizenship.
- (d) Upon proof of naturalization an amended certificate of birth shall be issued under this section that deletes the
statement that the certificate is not evidence of United States citizenship.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.