Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 210. Court Reports of Adoption.
previous: Section 200
. Judicial Procedure to Establish Facts of Birth.
next: Section 211
. Certificate of Birth For Foreign-Born Adopted Person.
AS 18.50.210. Court Reports of Adoption.
- (a) For each adoption decreed by a court in the state, the court shall require the preparation of a report of adoption on
a form prescribed and furnished by the bureau. The report must include the facts necessary to locate and identify the
original certificate of birth, if any, of the person adopted. If the person being adopted was born in the state, the
report must provide information necessary to establish a new certificate of birth. If the person being adopted was born
outside the United States, the report must provide findings, if requested by the adoptive parents, or other information
necessary to establish a certificate of birth. The report must identify the order of adoption, and be certified by the
court or the clerk.
- (b) The petitioner or the attorney for the petitioner shall furnish with the petition for adoption information in the
possession of the petitioner necessary to prepare the adoption report. The social welfare agency or other person
concerned shall supply the court with additional information necessary to complete the report if the information is in
the possession of the agency or the person. The furnishing of the information is a prerequisite to the issuance of a
final decree in the matter.
- (c) Whenever an adoption decree is amended or vacated, the court shall prepare a report on a form prescribed and furnished
by the bureau. The report must include the facts necessary to identify the original adoption report and the facts
amended in the adoption decree necessary to properly amend the original report, or the new certificate of birth if
- (d) Before the 11th day of each calendar month, the court shall forward to the bureau reports of decrees of adoption,
including those vacated or amended, that were entered in the preceding month, together with the related reports the
- (e) When the bureau receives a report of an adoption, or vacation or amendment of an adoption from a court for a person
born in the United States but outside the state, a copy shall be made for the bureau's files and the original shall be
forwarded to the appropriate registration authority in the state of birth.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.