Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 35. Public Accommodations and Facilities
- Section 230. Definitions.
previous: Section 220
. Enforcement of AS 18.35.200
next: Section 300
. Places Where Smoking is Regulated.
AS 18.35.230. Definitions.
In AS 18.35.100
- (1) "department" means the Department of Environmental Conservation;
- (2) "public facilities" means recreation camps, picnic areas, theaters, places of entertainment, churches, fair buildings,
and places with permanent facilities for public use;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 38 ch 30 SLA 1992].
- (4) "restaurant" means a place maintained or held out to the public for purposes of sale and on-premise consumption of
food or beverages;
- (5) "special events" means events involving public gathering and includes athletic and sporting events where the public
congregates, including but not be limited to dog sled racing, horse racing, snowmobile races, skiing events, salmon
derbies, and other activities;
- (6) "tavern" means a place maintained or held out to the public for purposes of sale and on-premise consumption of
- (7) "toilet accommodations" means a facility available to the public consisting of an approved flush-type commode, urinal,
privy, self-contained privy, or any other device approved by the department for containment and disposal of human
wastes, and shall include lavatory facilities where practical.
Article 03. REGULATION OF SMOKING IN PUBLIC FACILITIES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.