Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 30. Controlled Substances
- Section 118. Petition For Release of Seized Items.
previous: Section 116
. Procedure For Forfeiture Action.
next: Section 120
. Petition For Sale of Seized Item.
AS 17.30.118. Petition For Release of Seized Items.
- (a) A claimant under AS 17.30.116
(b) may at any time petition for release of a seized item as follows:
- (1) to a court in which a warrant for seizure has been issued;
- (2) to a court in which a criminal or civil action alleging forfeiture of the item has been filed; or
- (3) before an action is filed, or if no seizure warrant was issued, to a court in the judicial district in which the
violation took place.
- (b) An item may not be released by the court under (a) of this section unless the claimant gives adequate assurance that
the item will remain subject to the court's jurisdiction and
- (1) the court finds that the release is in the best interests of the state; or
- (2) the claimant provides a bond or other valid and equivalent security equal to twice the assessed value of the item.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.