Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 895. Definitions For AS 16.43.850
previous: Section 880
. Required Notice to Commission.
next: Section 901
. Vessel Permits. [Repealed, Sec. 5 Ch. 126 SLA 1996].
AS 16.43.895. Definitions For AS 16.43.850
In AS 16.43.850
- (1) "commercial fishing law" means a statute or regulation that regulates the conduct of a person engaged in commercial
fishing activities by establishing requirements relating to fishing licenses and permits; catch records and reports;
size, nature, quantity, or use of fishing vessels, sites, and gear; time, place, or manner of taking fishery resources;
possession, transportation, sale, barter, or waste of fishery resources; or other aspects of commercial fishing;
- (2) "commercial fishing permit" means an entry permit or an interim-use permit issued under this chapter;
- (3) "commercial salmon fishing privileges" means the privilege of participating in an activity for which a commercial
fishing permit to take salmon is required and the privilege of obtaining a commercial fishing permit to take salmon;
- (4) "permit holder" includes the holder of a commercial fishing permit as the result of an emergency transfer, an
applicant for a commercial fishing permit if the applicant's commercial fishing permit was suspended under AS 16.43.850
- 16.43.895, and a person whose privilege of
obtaining a commercial fishing permit for a fishery is suspended under AS 16.43.850
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.