Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 860. Suspension.
previous: Section 855
. Assessment of Points.
next: Section 870
. Notice and Appeal.
AS 16.43.860. Suspension.
- (a) A permit holder whose commercial salmon fishing privileges for a salmon fishery are suspended under AS 16.43.850
- 16.43.895 may not obtain an entry permit or
interim-use permit for that salmon fishery during the period of the suspension of the privileges. During the period for
which the permit holder's privilege to obtain an entry permit or interim-use permit for a salmon fishery is suspended
under this section, the commission may not issue a permit card to the permit holder for that fishery.
- (b) A permit holder whose privilege of obtaining a commercial fishing permit for a salmon fishery is suspended under AS 16.43.850
- 16.43.895 may not
- (1) engage in the salmon fishery under a crewmember license; or
- (2) lease or rent the permit holder's interest in a boat to another person if the boat would be used in the salmon fishery
for which the permit holder's fishing privileges are suspended.
- (c) If, during the period for which a permit holder's commercial fishing privileges for a salmon fishery are suspended,
the commission establishes a limited entry system for the salmon fishery, the permit holder shall be eligible to obtain
an entry permit for that fishery to the extent that the permit holder qualifies for the entry permit under regulations
adopted by the commission. If the permit holder qualifies for an entry permit for the fishery, the commission shall
withhold issuance of the entry permit until the period of the suspension imposed under AS 16.43.850
- 16.43.895 has expired.
- (d) The commission may not transfer a commercial fishing permit for a salmon fishery under an emergency transfer under AS
if, at the time of the application for the emergency transfer, the permit holder's commercial salmon fishing
privileges for the salmon fishery have been suspended.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.