Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 20. Conservation and Protection of Alaska Fish and Game
- Section 90. Legislative Findings; Purpose of AS 16.20.090
previous: Section 80
next: Section 92
. Walrus Islands State Game Sanctuary Established.
AS 16.20.090. Legislative Findings; Purpose of AS 16.20.090
- (a) The legislature recognizes that
- (1) the Walrus Islands are the sole remaining place in the state where walruses annually haul out on land and all similar
"hauling grounds" in the state which were formerly utilized have been abandoned by walruses due to excessive
molestation and slaughter;
- (2) the Walrus Islands are uninhabited, and the walruses frequenting them are not required by the state for subsistence
- (3) the Walrus Islands have great importance as a retreat for the Pacific walrus from the standpoints of conservation,
scientific value, and tourist interest;
- (4) the Department of Natural Resources has taken appropriate action to achieve transfer of title in the Walrus Islands to
- (b) The purpose of AS 16.20.090
- 16.20.098 is to protect the walruses and other game
on the Walrus Islands.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.