Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 800. Definitions.
previous: Section 790
next: Chapter 15
. Fisheries Experimental Laboratory
AS 16.10.800. Definitions.
In AS 16.10.750
- (1) "high seas interception," "interception," or a similar term means the unauthorized catching, taking, or harvesting of
salmon for other than sport, subsistence, or personal use purposes,
- (A) throughout the migratory range of each species, by a vessel not registered under the laws of this state; or
- (B) beyond the territorial sea of the state by a vessel registered under the laws of the state;
- (2) "knowing" or "knowingly" has the meaning given for "knowingly" in AS 11.81.900
- (3) "process" means affecting the condition or location of salmon, including preparation, packaging, storage,
refrigeration, or transportation;
- (4) "reckless disregard" has the meaning given for "recklessly" in AS 11.81.900(a);
- (5) "salmon" means Pacific salmon and steelhead, and parts of Pacific salmon and steelhead, whether mature or immature,
processed or unprocessed; and
- (6) "unauthorized" means contrary to a statute or regulation of the United States or the state, or to a treaty or
international fishery agreement, or in violation of a foreign law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.