Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 48. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
- Section 165. Immunization of Postsecondary Students.
previous: Section 160
. Enforceability of Notes and Contracts; Student Loans.
next: Section 170
AS 14.48.165. Immunization of Postsecondary Students.
- (a) A postsecondary educational institution in this state shall provide written notice to each student who
intends to reside in campus housing before the student's initial period of residence that includes the following information:
- (1) meningococcal disease
- (A) is a serious illness that can cause death within a few hours of onset; one in 10 cases is fatal, and one in
seven survivors of the illness is left with severe disability;
- (B) is a contagious but also largely preventable infection of the spinal cord fluid and the fluid surrounding the brain;
- (2) scientific evidence suggests that college students living in campus housing are at a moderately increased risk of
contracting meningococcal disease; and
- (3) immunization against meningococcal disease decreases the risk of contracting the illness.
- (b) A student attending a postsecondary educational institution shall sign a document provided by the institution
indicating that the student has received
- (1) an immunization against meningococcal disease; or
- (2) the notice described under (a) of this section.
- (c) Nothing in this section may be construed to require a postsecondary educational institution to provide or pay for
immunizations against meningococcal disease.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.