Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 48. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
- Section 150. Preservation of Records.
previous: Section 140
. Judicial Review.
next: Section 160
. Enforceability of Notes and Contracts; Student Loans.
AS 14.48.150. Preservation of Records.
- (a) If a postsecondary educational institution proposes to discontinue its operation, the chief administrative officer of
the institution shall file with the commission the original or legible true copies of academic records of the
institution as specified by the commission. The records must include that academic information customarily required by
colleges when considering students for transfer or advanced study and the academic record of each former student.
- (b) If it appears to the commission that records of an institution discontinuing its operations are in danger of being
destroyed or otherwise made unavailable to the commission, the commission may seize the records, under an order of the
superior court. The commission shall maintain a permanent file of records coming into its possession under this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.