Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 48. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
- Section 120. Sanctions; Cessation of Operation.
previous: Section 110
next: Section 130
AS 14.48.120. Sanctions; Cessation of Operation.
- (a) An authorization to operate or an agent's permit may be revoked, suspended, or conditioned if the commission has
reasonable cause to believe that the holder of the authorization or permit has violated this chapter, AS 45.50.471
, or regulations adopted under this chapter or under AS 45.50.491
. Except as provided in (c) and (d) of this section, AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act) governs the procedure for a revocation, suspension, or other sanction under this
- (b) In addition to the sanctions imposed under (a) of this section, the commission may assess a civil fine, not to exceed
$5,000, for costs of investigating and adjudicating a matter under this section if the commission finds that a
violation has occurred.
- (c) Authorization for an institution to operate and a permit for an agent representing that institution are canceled 30
days after the institution ceases to operate as a postsecondary educational institution. The commission shall give the
institution and the agent 15 days' written notice, by certified mail, sent return receipt requested, to the last known
address of the institution and agent.
- (d) The institution or the agent may appeal a cancellation under (c) of this section by filing an appeal in writing with
the commission within 30 days after the cancellation showing that the institution has not ceased operating as a
postsecondary educational institution.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.