Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 174. Interest.
previous: Section 173
. Loan Award Maximums; Use of Loan Award.
next: Section 175
. Repayment of Loans.
AS 14.43.174. Interest.
- (a) The interest rate on a loan made under AS 14.43.170
- 14.43.175 shall be set by the corporation, but the
annual rate may not exceed 8.25 percent. Interest on a loan made under AS 14.43.170
- 14.43.175 accrues from the time the loan is
- (b) A borrower may elect to make payments of interest that is payable during the borrower's term of attendance at the
postsecondary institution or during certain deferment periods authorized by the commission; however, the commission
shall capitalize any unpaid interest as part of the principal to be repaid as agreed, or upon graduation, withdrawal,
or completion of the deferment period.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.