Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 162. Eligibility.
previous: Section 161
. Purpose; Creation.
next: Section 163
. Restrictions On Award.
AS 14.43.162. Eligibility.
- (a) For a borrower to be eligible for a loan under AS 14.43.161
- 14.43.168, the borrower must meet the eligibility
requirements established by the federal guaranteed student loan program and must be
- (1) a resident of the state as determined under (b) of this section; or
- (2) physically present in this state and attending an institution that is physically located in this state.
- (b) To meet the residency requirement of (a) of this section, the borrower
- (1) must physically reside in this state and maintain a domicile in this state during the 12 consecutive months before the
date of application for the program, except that the borrower may be absent from this state for not more than a total
of 60 days during that 12-month period; and
- (2) may not have
- (A) declared or established residency in another state; or
- (B) received residency or a benefit based on residency from another state.
- (c) To continue to meet the residency requirement of (a) of this section for each year that a loan is received or
subsequently applied for, the borrower must meet the requirements of (b) of this section, except for
- (1) full-time attendance at an educational or training institution;
- (2) military service; or
- (3) demonstrated good cause as determined by the commission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.