Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 282. Endowment For the Physical Sciences.
previous: Section 280
. Endowments and Donations.
next: Section 290
. Property and Funds Generally.
AS 14.40.282. Endowment For the Physical Sciences.
- (a) The Board of Regents shall establish an endowment for the physical sciences at the University of Alaska campus in
Fairbanks. The endowment shall be managed as a perpetual trust. The income of the endowment shall be used to pay the
salary and related expenses of the person appointed under (b) of this section for research, teaching, and advanced
studies in one or more physical science disciplines.
- (b) The Board of Regents shall appoint a person who is distinguished in one or more physical science disciplines to be
paid from the endowment for the physical sciences. The tenure and the duties of the appointee shall be established by
the Board of Regents based on the need for
- (1) teaching, research, and studies in physical sciences of special interest in the state; and
- (2) advancement of scientific study at the University of Alaska.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.