Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 40. The University of Alaska, the Community Colleges, and the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation
- Section 210. Powers of President of the University; Research and Development.
previous: Section 200
next: Section 220
. Duty of President to Define Duties and Supervise Appointees.
AS 14.40.210. Powers of President of the University; Research and Development.
- (a) The president of the University of Alaska may
- (1) give general direction to the work of the University of Alaska in all its departments subject to the approval of the
Board of Regents;
- (2) appoint the deans, heads of departments, professors, assistants, instructors, tutors, and other officers of the
University of Alaska to the positions established by the Board of Regents;
- (3) establish procedures for receipt, expenditure, and fiscal year reporting of university receipts;
- (4) approve a contract between the University of Alaska and an employee that authorizes the employee to conduct research
or other development of intellectual property and to develop, operate, or own a business related to or resulting from
the research conducted during the employment; a business described under this paragraph may be jointly owned by the
employee and the University of Alaska.
- (b) The president of the University of Alaska shall separately account for university receipts deposited in the treasury
of the university. The annual estimated balance in the account may be used by the legislature to make appropriations to
the university to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.