Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 130. Use of Custodial Property.
previous: Section 120
. Powers of Custodian.
next: Section 140
. Custodian's Expenses, Compensation, and Bond.
AS 13.46.130. Use of Custodial Property.
- (a) A custodian may deliver or pay to the minor or expend for the minor's benefit as much of the custodial property as the
custodian considers advisable for the use and benefit of the minor, without court order and without regard to
- (1) the duty or ability of the custodian personally or of another person to support the minor; or
- (2) other income or property of the minor that may be applicable or available for that purpose.
- (b) On petition of an interested person or the minor if the minor has attained the age of 14 years, the court may order
the custodian to deliver or pay to the minor or expend for the minor's benefit as much of the custodial property as the
court considers advisable for the use and benefit of the minor.
- (c) A delivery, payment, or expenditure under this section is in addition to, not in substitution for, and does not affect
an obligation of a person to support the minor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.