Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 76. Miscellaneous Offenses
- Section 106. Selling Tobacco Outside Controlled Access.
previous: Section 105
. Possession of Tobacco By a Minor.
next: Section 107
. Failure to Supervise Cigarette Vending Machine.
AS 11.76.106. Selling Tobacco Outside Controlled Access.
- (a) Except as provided under (b) of this section, a person may not sell cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, or a product
containing tobacco unless the sale occurs in a manner that allows only the sales clerk to control access to the
cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, or product containing tobacco.
- (b) Subsection (a) does not apply if the sale
- (1) is by vending machine as provided under AS 11.76.100
- (2) is a wholesale transaction, the person is licensed as a manufacturer or distributor under AS 43.50.010
, and the sale occurs on premises where no retail transactions occur; or
- (3) is by a retailer who sells primarily cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, or a product containing tobacco and who restricts
access to the premises to only those individuals who are 19 years of age or older.
- (c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a violation and upon conviction is subject to a fine of not less than
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.