Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 61. Offenses Against Public Order
- Section 127. Possession of Child Pornography.
previous: Section 125
. Distribution of Child Pornography.
next: Section 128
. Electronic Distribution of Indecent Material to Minors.
AS 11.61.127. Possession of Child Pornography.
- (a) A person commits the crime of possession of child pornography if the person knowingly possesses any material that
visually or aurally depicts conduct described in AS 11.41.455
(a) knowing that the production of the material involved the use of a child under 18 years of age who engaged in the
- (b) This section does not apply to persons providing plethysmograph assessments in the course of a sex offender treatment
program that meets the minimum standards under AS 33.30.011
- (c) Each film, audio, video, electronic, or electromagnetic recording, photograph, negative, slide, book, newspaper,
magazine, or other material that visually or aurally depicts conduct described in AS 11.41.455(a) that is possessed by a person knowing that
the production of the material involved the use of a child under 18 years of age that engaged in the conduct is a
separate violation of this section.
- (d) Possession of child pornography is a class C felony.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.