Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 56. Offenses Against Public Administration
- Section 850. Official Misconduct.
previous: Section 845
. Hindering the Legislative Budget and Audit Committee.
next: Section 860
. Misuse of Confidential Information.
AS 11.56.850. Official Misconduct.
- (a) A public servant commits the crime of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to injure or deprive
another person of a benefit, the public servant
- (1) performs an act relating to the public servant's office but constituting an unauthorized exercise of the public
servant's official functions, knowing that that act is unauthorized; or
- (2) knowingly refrains from performing a duty which is imposed upon the public servant by law or is clearly inherent in
the nature of the public servant's office.
- (b) Official misconduct is a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.