Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 56. Offenses Against Public Administration
- Section 860. Misuse of Confidential Information.
previous: Section 850
. Official Misconduct.
next: Section 870
. Renumbered as AS 11.56.845
AS 11.56.860. Misuse of Confidential Information.
- (a) A person who is or has been a public servant commits the crime of misuse of confidential information if the person
- (1) learns confidential information through employment as a public servant; and
- (2) while in office or after leaving office, uses the confidential information for personal gain or in a manner not
connected with the performance of official duties other than by giving sworn testimony or evidence in a legal
proceeding in conformity with a court order.
- (b) As used in this section, "confidential information" means information which has been classified confidential by law.
- (c) Misuse of confidential information is a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.